Who We Are
Our goal is to develop fully devoted followers of Christ who desire to “make God look big” in their actions, attitudes, and lifestyles, and have a desire to tell others about this life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Word of God to be the foundational guide for successful living, and that it should be consistently studied by and taught to, all ages with relevance and clarity.
- We believe in valuing people and relationships over programs, recognizing that the souls of people, along with God’s Word, are the only eternal items of this creation.
- We believe worship is a lifestyle, and will encourage it’s expression, both individually and corporately.
- We believe effectiveness in ministry is dependent upon our commitment to individual and corporate prayer.
- We believe in elder-directed leadership, which models humility and servant hood.
- We believe in the development of godly leaders who, by their Christ like character, are able to lead in ministry and equip others for service.
- We believe life change best occurs in small groups and will commit ourselves to providing multiple opportunities for people to gather.
- We believe in ministering to people’s needs by providing opportunities at all stages of life, particularly calling people to honor God’s design for marriage and family.
- We believe that loving relationships should permeate every aspect of church life. Because we are human, this will often require reconciliation and forgiveness, but we believe that Christ’s life and death call us to this kind of life.
- We believe God has equipped every believer with abilities to serve the Body of Christ, and will encourage their use so that believers can be strengthened and built up.
- We believe evangelism is our responsibility, individually and corporately, and will promote outreach both locally and in missions endeavors around the world.
We believe there is one true God, eternally existing in three equal persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. In the beginning, God created the world and everything in it. Through His power and providence, God continues to sustain His creation, operating within history to fulfill His redemptive purposes.
Jesus Christ, the eternal second person of the Trinity, was fully united with a human nature by a miraculous conception and virgin birth. He lived in perfect obedience to the Father, voluntarily paid the price for the sins of all people by dying on the cross as their substitute, and satisfied divine justice, bringing salvation to all who trust in Him alone. After His physical death, Jesus Christ rose from the dead and ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father as the intercessor between God and humans. He promises to return to earth, personally and visibly, to fulfill history and the eternal plan of God.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells and empowers the believer to live a life of victory. The Holy Spirit guides believers in understanding and applying the Bible. With the filling of the Holy Spirit comes a deepened reverence for God, an overflowing fullness of the Spirit, a greater commitment to God and dedication to His work and a more active love for Christ, His word and the lost.
The sole basis of our belief is the Bible, (the 66 books of the Bible). We hold that the Scriptures, in their original manuscripts, are infallible and inerrant; they are the unique, full, and final authority on all matters of faith and practice. In matters where Scripture is silent, believers should conscientiously seek to be led by God because it is to Him alone he or she is ultimately responsible.
We believe that man was created in the image of God, but at the beginning of history man rebelled against God and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. We believe that Adam’s sin was imputed to the whole human race, so that all humans are born with a sin nature, and are in need of the saving grace of God. It is only through Christ’s death on the cross and resurrection from the dead that mankind can experience God’s saving grace
We believe that Jesus died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; therefore all who believe on Him (acknowledging their sinfulness and their need for a Savior), are justified (declared righteous) on the basis of His death and resurrection. The salvation of humanity is completely a work of God’s free grace; it is not in any way the result of human works or goodness. Each person can receive salvation by trusting in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins. God’s Word assures individuals that He will continue His saving work in them forever.
We believe that all humanity will experience a bodily resurrection and a judgment that will determine the eternal fate of each individual. Having rejected God, unbelievers will suffer eternal condemnation apart from Him. Believers will be received into eternal communion with God and will be rewarded for works done in this life.
All who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Savior, are united with Him as members of His Body, the one true church. Scripture commands believers to gather for worship, prayer, fellowship, and the teaching of the Word and to observe Baptism and Communion as established by Jesus Christ. The local expression of the church is wherever God’s people meet regularly in obedience to this command. Church members are to work together in love and unity for the ultimate purpose of glorifying Christ and making disciples.